Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Random Stuff

There was a lot of zucchini and cucumbers that were way overgrown and going to waste in Grandpa Wood's garden, so someone had the great idea of letting the kids carve boats out of them. After all that carving the boats needed to be floated somewhere, but there wasn't time to go to a pond or a stream. Grandma Karen decided to fill up the tub to float them in. I'm still not sure how Josh managed to remove all his clothing and jump into the tub without getting caught by any of the adults, but we all laughed so hard I was in tears. It didn't matter that the water was cold, he could have stayed in the tub all day with those boats and I'm sure it did great things for his skin. So if you're wondering what to do with excess produce from your garden there you go.

Josh and Grandpa Wood sitting outside. Sometimes Grandpa will take Josh on a little spin on his walker and Josh thinks it is great to play on. Grandpa turned 93 last week!

I wonder how many Marines would like to see Sergeant Stevens napping in a Cars bed snuggling with Snoopy!

Josh & Daddy playing basketball. In case you've noticed, any of the pictures Gary's been in for the past month he grew a beard. I can't say I was very fond of it, so this weekend I'd finally had enough and made him shave it off. I've missed seeing a clean shaved face!

It was $2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point so Gary and I took Josh to the Dinosaur Museum. Josh loves to read stories, and there have been a few about dinosaurs so Josh was excited about it. He had a good time at the museum.
Here's a belly shot for everyone that has been requesting it. Gary thinks the belly is cute (though I don't agree), and I tell him in order for me to repeat this process again I have to forget how huge I get and how uncomfortable it is. So I keep pictures to a minimum! This was taken a couple weeks ago and I'll take a final belly shot to post just before I deliver.

4 comments:

Shari Baker said...

You look great Mel! Thanks for sharing a pic of yourself...I know how unexciting that can be. Josh is getting so big. You ready to add another boy to the Steven's crew? I'm not fond of facial either so I see where you're coming from there. Looks like life is going great! Love you guys!

Jordan and Andrea said...

See, look how cute you are! Thanks for finally posting one.

Kirsten said...

I agree with Gary; you look great! And, I think ALL those Marines would love that shot! Hope all is going well!

Ellen said...

I think you look cute!! I like the picture of your belly.

I love the pic of Josh in the tub. How funny. Kids do the funniest things.