Sunday, September 20, 2009

Connor Ferrin Stevens

Connor Ferrin Stevens arrived Thursday (the 17th) at 7:47 p.m. He weighed in at 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long. I was scheduled to be induced at 7 a.m. but got a call from the hospital just before we walked out the door saying that they didn't have room for me and would call when they were ready for me. It wasn't until 2:30 that afternoon that they called and said they were ready and the waiting was pure torture. By the time I got admitted and they started the PIT it was 3:30 and I figured we probably would be in for a long night since I was in labor with Josh for 14 1/2 hours. I was absolutely shocked that Connor arrived a little over four hours after they started me on the drip. I was very pleased with my anesthesiologist. He did a great job on the epidural. My delivery nurse happens to live right around the corner from me and is really good friends with my aunts Sharlene and Marlene. She took really good care of me. Everything went really smoothly. So far Josh likes having Connor around and is a very cute big brother.
The final belly shot I promised, taken the day Connor arrived!

7 comments:

Jordan and Andrea said...

Thank you for the post. I can't wait to get there and smooch those chubby little cheeks! Love you guys.

Staheli Family said...

Congrats! He is so cute!

Shari Baker said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I'm so glad the delivery went so well and that you and baby are both healthy!

Keriann said...

Congratulations on the new liitle one!

Aaron and Megan said...

Congrats, he is so cute!

Matt and Amanda said...

So cute! I can't wait to see him.

Kirsten said...

He's beautiful! So glad this delivery was easier than the last! We can't wait to meet him! Congrats!