Sunday, July 15, 2007

Family Vacation

I didn't think we were going to get a family vacation this summer, but Gary ended up having some time off for the 4th of July, so Josh and I got to fly out to North Carolina for a visit. We flew out on the 29th and then came back on the 5th, so we were able to spend almost a full week together. I ran out of memory on my digital camera pretty early into our trip, so most of the time we used Gary's camera. I've been waiting for him to send me the pictures before I posted some, and today I finally gave up. I may as well post what I've got and hope I don't have to wait until he comes home in September to see the rest.
This is Gary and Josh on the USS North Carolina. It is a battle ship that was used in World War II that is now docked on the Cape Fear River and you can tour the ship.
Josh learning how to shoot

Me and Josh inside the turret

Josh's first view of the ocean.

Josh was a little nervous his first time to the ocean. I got a little too close to the water and wasn't paying attention, and got hit by a wave. I squealed and it scared Josh, so he clung to me for dear life but didn't cry. Our other trips to the beach he rather enjoyed.

Josh and I in a medical helicopter in downtown Raleigh on the 4th of July.

There were lots of buttons for Josh to push! This is at the Museum of Natural Science in Raleigh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie, thank you so much for posting these pictures and keeping up on your site. We will keep Gary in our prayers as he serves our country. He is a good man and we think a lot of him. We are so happy that you were able to visit with him before he leaves to go overseas. Your son is beautiful. The three of you make a wonderful combination.
Ken and Sandy Bourne

chrisyhains said...

so cute. Was the beach on the outerbanks?

Anonymous said...

Melanie: Just wanted to know that I love checking your blog and looking at your cute photos. Thanks so much for including me in your email! Joshua is adorable! I thought I was the only camera happy person around here!:)
Melisa Hendrickson