Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Traffic in Payson

This is what you call a traffic jam in Payson!
We got hit pretty hard with snow with Monday's storm. It snowed all day. Tuesday morning, not realizing just how much snow was on the ground, I was going to take Josh to his cousin's house. I went outside and turned on the van to warm it up, went back inside and started getting Connor strapped in his car seat when I looked out the window and this is what I saw. A van was stuck right in the middle of the road. There was another van behind it that tried to go around the van that was stuck until it started getting stuck and ended up having to drive down the street in reverse and find another route to take. After the van had been stuck for a while, her husband showed up to help, but by then other cars were getting stuck. After seeing the van stuck in the middle of the road I decided it was highly unlikely that I'd even make it out of my driveway and even if I did I probably wouldn't get very far! The cars that were stuck were blocking me in my driveway anyway. I didn't think this guy would even be able to open his car door. I sat in my window for probably an hour watching various cars get stuck right outside my house. It was rather entertaining. I felt bad I couldn't do much to help, and instead I sat in my nice warm house and took pictures of the various vehicles that kept getting stuck. Josh and I went outside and had a good time playing in the snow. I'll have to post those pictures later!

No comments: