Sunday, November 9, 2008

Marine Corps Ball

This weekend we went to the Marine Corps birthday ball. I can't say I really enjoy the ceremony or the speeches, and the food isn't usually the greatest, but it was really nice to have a night alone together and to spend some time with some of our friends! The ball was at the Snowbird Ski Resort. It was really pretty up there. He looks so good in his uniform!!
Did I mention he looks good in his uniform? I couldn't leave out the picture of the poker game after because I WON!!! We stayed up until 1 a.m. playing and too bad we weren't playing with real money! I can't tell you which poker hands are better than others, and I can't keep straight which chips are worth what, and they had to explain poker terminology. I had no idea what I was doing, but with a little help from Gary I still managed to win. I guess I should be spending more time in Vegas!

4 comments:

Shari Baker said...

The Marine Corps Ball sounds like fun to me. How many times do you get to dress up and go out with your hubby? Poker 'til one, huh? Orrin would have loved to have been there. Looks like things are going wel. You too look great!

Anonymous said...

Gary,

You do look nice in the uniform, now how about getting your butt to work......

Kirsten said...

It was better than some of the past balls, you have to admit....It was great seeing you guys!

Carrie Wood said...

I think it's great to have an excuse to dress up and go out like that. You guys look cute and happy.